Many people who want to restore hair on the scalp do not have a good quantity of healthy follicles at the back of the head to harvest and transplant. It is possible in these cases to restore balding or thinning areas with body hair transplants, a groundbreaking hair restoration procedure.
How do body hair transplants work?
With typical hair transplant procedures, the follicles are harvested from a donor area at the back of the head, where they are not genetically programmed for balding. In some cases, the hair is too thin or balding, with too few hairs to be a viable harvest area.
In these cases, hair follicles can be harvested from other parts of the body and transplanted to the scalp, brows, beard, or sideburns. In these advanced hair restoration techniques, Dr. Berkowitz will extract hair grafts from other areas of the body with healthy follicles. The procedure is as follows:
- The donor body area is shaved for easy extraction of healthy follicles.
- Hair grafts are carefully extracted from the donor area, after the area has been numbed with local anesthesia for comfort.
- The hairs can be extracted with the NeoGraft tool for fast, accurate harvesting and minimal trauma to the donor body area and hair follicles.
- The hairs selected for transplant are then placed in the balding or thinning scalp or facial area.
Why you need an experienced hair transplant expert for body hair transplants
There significant differences between the hair in the scalp and your body hair, and the hair follicles selected must be carefully evaluated in this procedure to achieve a good match in color, thickness, curl, or other qualities.
Will body hair transplants work for me?
This is a very customized procedure, requiring high-level skills from your practitioner. You can be confident that you are under the care of one of the most qualified and experienced hair restoration specialists when your hair restoration is performed at Michigan Hair Replacement in Detroit where we use the most advanced procedures.
Dr. Berkowitz will perform body hair transplants with meticulous precision, so the results bring you greater confidence and an improved quality of life.
What are the benefits of body hair transplants?
- For patients who are completed bald or who have very little hair to harvest from the scalp, this is an excellent option.
- Body hair transplants can create a good density that covers much of a balding area.
- Body hair transplants can be an excellent way to restore hair to brows, beard, and sideburns.
Why choose Michigan Hair Restoration?
If you are considering body hair transplants, there is no more qualified physician than Dr. Berkowitz at Michigan Hair Restoration. He will listen to all of your concerns and honestly answer all of your questions about this customized hair restoration procedure. He is a uniquely qualified surgeon, and a board-certified, fellowship-trained oculofacial surgeon who has an exceptional level of experience and knowledge in advanced hair restoration techniques.
Hair loss is one of the most distressing physical and cosmetic problems for an individual, and in some cases, the hair loss is extensive, making it impossible to transplant follicles in the standard way. These cases require advanced body hair transplant techniques, and Dr. Berkowitz is widely recognized as being among the most qualified and experienced hair restoration experts practicing in Detroit and beyond.